I’ve been all over the United States. When I was young, we took roadtrips acorss the entire Western half of the United States. One year, a drive from Washington to Nebraska, with stops in Yellowstone and the Black Hills. One year to Arizona, Utah, Nevada, and New Mexico — with the Golden Arches being the big attraction. Christmas in the Florida Keyes about 7 years ago. Vegas for New Years. New York & Boston multiple times. San Francisco and Southern California more times than I can count. At Zillow, I traveled throughout the country during the height of the REBar Camp movement. A road trip to Texas in 2010. Portland numerous times.
You get the picture.
But it’s a big freaking country, and I haven’t been everywhere yet.
Where is the one spot I desperately need to get to?
New Orleans — for Mardi Gras and/or JazzFest.
Photo via http://www.1000lonelyplaces.com/
What other locations & events are on my short list?
- Coachella — I’ve heard so many amazing things about it from many of my friends who have attended.
- SantaCon in NYC — running around the streets of NYC with thousands of fellow Santas? How can that NOT be fun?
- Maine – I’ve heard the country side in Maine is beyond gorgeous.
- The South – aside from Miami & the Florida Keyes, I’ve never set foot anywhere in the South. Mississippi, Georgia, Alabama, South Carolina etc. That needs to change.
- The Appalachians in North Carolina – I’ve heard they are gorgeous and well worth seeing.
- Alaska – need I even explain?
What are you must visit places in your home country?