Before every single on of my backpacking trips, I’ve gone and visited REI here in Seattle for a few new pieces of travel gear. 6 years after my first trip, here are my all time favorite pieces of travel gear:
- Amazon Kindle – I purchased my Kindle prior to departing for Europe last spring following the advice of Andrew Mattie (the other co-founder of Oh Hey World). Best purchase ever. 100 times better than carrying heavy books around and trying to find quality English books abroad.
- My REI backpack – I used my sister’s backpack for my first few trips abroad, but happy to now have a backpack to call my own.
- Macbook Air – What an AWESOME laptop for traveling. Small, lightweight, and a Mac. What more could you ask for?
- Polartec tshirts – especially in hot and humid climates (like Ghana), these are a must.
- Keens – where would I be without my keens? No clue. Best shoes I’ve ever owned, hands-down.
What are your favorite pieces of backpacking gear?