The user interface to creating welcome kits is a bit clunky. Don’t worry, we’ll clean it up prior to allowing anyone to add and edit their own welcome kits.
Instructions to add a welcome kit to a city so others can see it through your eyes
- Search for the city in the upper left search box. If the city you want to leave a tip for doesn’t return a result when you search for it, then you’ll have to check-in there to get it into the database (then you can delete it immediately after).
- From the search results screen for the desired city, navigate to the “edit city” button and click it
- Add expertise (a short sentence explaining why you are knowledgeable about the city – no commas accepted) and interests (separated by commas)
- click “save”
- Refresh page
- Click “edit city tips” button again – navigate down to the individual tips section. Each tip can be a maximum of 256 characters (it won’t let you put in anything longer). No html within the tip is allowed, just one link – which can be added at the bottom). The “link value” is the URL, and the “link name” is the anchor text that will be used (Website, More Info, etc)
- Add one tip at a time, and click save after each one. The “category” field can be used to group your tips into sections – ie “Things to Do”, “Pubs”, or “Coffee Shops” would be types of tips.
- Click “view city tips” button to see your tips.
- You can edit your tips by viewing your tips, and clicking the “edit” link that is right by the “likes”
- If you have questions or run into problems, then shoot Shannon an email – firstname.lastname@example.org