Like me, you’ve probably stayed at hostels all over the world over the course of your extensive travels. Likely, some really great ones and some really crappy ones.
So, what characteristics would make up the perfect hostel?
Here’s my list:
- Comfy common area with a couple couches
- A table or two with chairs
- A decent location. Sure, a great location would be awesome – but not entirely necessary
- Chill music
- Character – surfboards, cool artwork, a guitar, etc
- Awesome staff – this is probably the most important item on the list
- Local directions, events, and info
- Common kitchen with a refrigerator to leave leftovers
- WIFI throughout
- Organized events (pub crawls, walking tours, dinners) at least every 3 days
- Great happy hour specials
- Snacks/food available until at least 2 am
- Comfortable mattresses with warm comforter (for a cold weather area)
- Metal storage lockers that hold a regular sized backpack (not a big one), latch, and can accommodate a small lock
What about you?