The Oh Hey World Welcome Kits are one of the features we debuted after our launch, and we have loved the feedback and support from the community over the past month. Although the Welcome Kits are still a new feature (and thus you have to ask for the account permissions to create them), you’ve done just that. The OHW user base is growing every day and these kits are fast become one of the more interesting ways you can see a unique lens through which to see a new city.
Today I’d like to highlight a handful of the interesting Welcome Kits created by Oh Hey World community members; each member has their own passions and interests so their tips and kits reflect that unique view (versus the OHW staff curated kits that are meant as overviews for certain types of travelers like digital nomads, outdoorsy people, etc). With these, you really get a feel for how different a city can be depending oh who you’re experiencing it with.
With that in mind, here are some of my favorite kits — we’ll be featuring more kits as soon as you create them!
Wonderful International Welcome Kits
- Madrid, Spain tips with a lens toward young professionals via Anna Zalazar of Annzventures
- Tel Aviv tips with a focus on the best eats in the city via Annie Cheng of The Table Less Traveled
- Santiago tips with an eclectic look at history, startups and food via Leslie Forman of Leslie Forman.com
Neat Ways to See US Cities
- Miami tips with a boating, high end shopping, and architecture lens via Ines Hegedus-Garcia of Miamism.com
- New York City tips with a focus on nightlife, food, and the East Village via Jessie Spielvogel of Split Aces Media
- North Carolina tips in Charlotte, Waxhaw, and Hilton Head Island with bent toward outdoors and equestrian interests via Lori Bee of Lori Bee.com
- San Francisco tips with a theatre, biking, and yoga focus via Brad Coy of SF Real Estate.com
- San Francisco tips for the young professionals in the city from Leslie Forman
- San Francisco tips with a look at nightlife through lounges, foods, and bars via Alyea Sandovar
- Portland, OR tips with a street food and hiking lens on the city via Val Dawson of This Way to Paradise
- Houston tips with a look at shopping, restaurants, and sports via Margie Kaplan of MK Luxury Homes & Condos
And these are just the beginning! We on the OHW team really love seeing your custom welcome kits (and you have me dreaming of visiting most of these cities now). If you’d like to sign up for early welcome kit access shoot me an email (Shannon@OhHeyWorld.com).