24 hours since landing in San Francisco after spending the previous 5 months in Southeast Asia, here are a few thoughts I wanted to share:
- I prefer shorts, a t shirt, and flip flops to jeans, a fleece, and shoes.
- I’d love it if I never had to wear shoes again. But I need to buy some shoes, as I have none with me.
- It’s true – life in the US really does revolve around sporting events.
- The US is NOT backpacker friendly. Both Europeans in my hostel room complained about how inaccessible everything in the US was for backpackers.
- My pocket book is going to take a hit while I’m here. I spent over $100 yesterday alone. That’s about 2 weeks of expenses in SE Asia.
- Coming from daily humid, 100 degree weather – San Francisco is freaking cold and windy. I froze my butt off at the Giants game last night.
- I’m extremely fortunate to be surrounded with such a great group of friends